About Me

My photo
I am in my sixth year teaching kindergarten and absolutely LOVE what I do. I am so inspired by all of the wonderful teachers and their great ideas in "Blogland", I am hoping that I can give back :).

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Dramatic Play????

It's almost like a thing of the past! Do you have time for dramatic play in your classroom??? If so, how often do your kids get to do "free choice centers"?? I try so hard to make time for dramatic play each week! I am so lucky to have a full-time Teaching Assistant, and because of her, THIS has happened:

An amazing parent of a student donated some props :)

Don't forget to check in ;)





How cute is this?!  My teaching assistant is AMAZING! 


My class LOVES this part :)


The lanyards are labeled with ticket agent, pilot, and flight attendant :)


Place your luggage here :)

Anyways, I really want to make sure I incorporate a new dramatic play theme every few weeks.  What are some fun dramatic play themes you have tried?!

Ready for take off!

2 comments:

  1. Love this so much! Really, dramatic play is such a great way to incorporate everything they're learning, but it is so time consuming. I wish I lived by you so I could come volunteer with your darlings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much friend!!!!!! It is SO important :) A big part of National Board was "advocating for play in the classroom"....and I will of course because my kids love it so much AND it really helps improve literacy skills! I do too :( I think a visit is in order...I promise I won't put you to work :)

    ReplyDelete